DJI Ronin-MX + FREE Grip and Thumb Controller
Rapid Setup and A Whole Range of Camera Configurations: DJI Ronin-MX
Cinematic film making demands rapid setup and a host of camera configurations. The Ronin-MX has been designed to carry many of the cameras used every day on sets worldwide, and SmoothTrack algorithms ensure movements are smooth in every configuration.
A repositioned battery improves balance while stability is enhanced by a camera cage that locks mounted cameras in place at the top and at the bottom. Silent motors prevent on set miss picking up motor noise.
Commanding and precise
The DJI Ronin-MX is designed to handle strong G-force resistance through its use of powerful motors and is designed to hold its stability and control when attached to a vehicle.
It is able to connect directly with the M600’s aerial system and communicates with the flight controller and when it is mounted onto a vehicle it employs the optional GPS module which will allow it to remain stable and take a clean shot and accurate shot.
Designed for professional use
The Ronin-MX has been designed specifically for professionals with its rapid setup speeds and multitude of camera configurations, and the repositioned battery means that the balance of the drone is always in control and is enhanced by a camera cage which keeps mounted cameras in their position.
Take a look at the DJI Inspire 1 for another professional drone.
- Engineered For Professionals - Cinematic film making demands rapid setup and a host of camera configurations. The Ronin-MX has been designed to carry many of the cameras used every day on sets worldwide, and SmoothTrack algorithms ensure movements are smooth in every configuration. A repositioned battery improves balance while stability is enhanced by a camera cage that locks mounted cameras in place at the top and at the bottom. Silent motors prevent on set miss picking up motor noise.
- Powerful and Accurate - Designed to resist high G-forces using powerful motors and IMUs, the Ronin-MX is engineered to maintain stability and hold horizon when mounted to an aircraft or a vehicle. When mounted to the M600 aerial system, it communicates directly with DJI's flight controller and when attached to vehicles, it connects to an optional GPS module allowing it to stabilise actively for a smoother shot.
- Freedom To Move - A slip ring allows the Ronin-MX to rotate 360 degrees continuously when mounted to aircraft or vehicles, opening up more creative options. This is further enhanced by an increase in tilt axis range from 90 degrees straight down and beyond to 135 degrees. Popular features of the Ronin series such as the three modes of operation and SmoothTrack are also present, giving film makers a range of creative angles and movements.
- Wireless Control and Transmission - The Ronin-MX is compatible with Lightbridge 2, providing long-range HD video transmission from the air to the ground from up to 5km away. If combined with the optional DJI Focus and Focus Expansion Module, focus or aperture can also be pulled remotely with a twist of the wrist. An optional Remote Start/Stop add-on provides the ability to control shooting on a range of airborne cameras.
- Comprehensive App Control - Using DJI Assistant and the dedicated Assistant app for iOS and Android allows complete customization and the Ronin-MX and its behaviour. If connected to Lightbridge 2, the DJI GO app can be used to control how the M600 flies including Intelligent Flight Modes, remote control modes, move the gimbal and see an HD live feed from the camera.
Operation Modes: Underslung Mode, Upright Mode, Briefcase Mode, Aerial Mode, Jib or Wirecam Mode
Built-in, independent IMU module
DJI Specialized Gimbal Drive Motors with Encoders
DJI Advanced 32-Bit DSP Processor
D-Bus Receiver Supported
MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Working Current: Static current: 300mA (@16V), Dynamic current: 600mA (@16V), Locked motor current: Max 10A (@16V)
Operating Temperature: 5° F ~ 120° F (-15° C ~ 50° C)
Weight: Including handle bar: 6.11 lb (2.77 kg), Including vibration absorber: 4.74 lb (2.15 kg)
Gimbal Dimensions: Excluding handle bar - 280 mm (W) x 370 mm (D)x 340 mm (H), With handle bar - 560 mm (W) x 370 mm (D) x 440 mm (H)
Camera Tray Dimensions: Maximum depth from the center of gravity on camera base plate: 120mm, Maximum height measured from top of camera base plate: 195mm
Maximum width: 160mm
Accessory Power Connections: 12V Regulated P-Tap x 2, USB 500mW x 1, DJI Lightbridge x 1
GCU Input Power: 4S Ronin-M Battery
Connections: 2.4GHz Remote Controller, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0
PC Assistant Software Requirements: Windows XP or above; Mac OS X 10.9 or above
Mobile Assistant Software Requirements: iOS 7.1 or above; Android 4.3 or above
Load Weight (Reference Value): 10 lb (4.5 kg)
Angular Vibration Range: ± 0.02°
Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed: Pan axis: 200°/s, Tilt axis: 100°/s, Roll axis: 30°/s
Mechanical Endpoint Range: Pan axis control: 360°, Tilt axis control: +270° to -150° , Roll axis control: ± 110°
Controlled Rotation Range: Pan axis control: 360°, Tilt axis control: +45° to -135° , Roll axis control: ± 25°